Tuesday, March 13, 2007

I AM Stuck On Bandaids Cause Bandaid's Stuck On Me

When your soul gets a bruising, where do you go for a Spiritual bandaid? I am oftem tempted to retreat inside myself but that tends to infect the wound and spread it throughout my body manifesting itself in many ways. God wants us to come to Him with our problems. In fact in 1 Peter 5:7 God invites us to "Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." Yet, that is so hard sometimes to give your worries up. You just want to hold onto them and most times you can't do anything about them anyway. I am reminded of a time many years ago when a speaker instructed us to put our cares in a shoebox and lay the shoe box at Jesus' feet. I have often employed such a method and no matter how many times I wanted to turn around and open the shoebox to look at the contents, I, instead, chose to let Christ care for it.
Recently I was having a stressful day and I went up to my bedroom to get something and God told me, "Come to me, all you who are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest." (Matthew 11:2) At first I resisted citing all the tasks I needed to attend to, but I eventually allowed myself to rest in Him and was blessed as He ministered to me using His Words. I left there feeling refreshed and ready to meet new challenges. I know as a mom it is so hard to ind a quiet place to dwell and refresh but the rewards are worth it if yoou allow yourself to just hand over your cares and let Him carry your load.

No comments: