Sunday, February 15, 2009

Hope

Hope But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more. Psalm 71:14

Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:11-12

These verses seem to speak to me lately.....about having hope. Sometimes when you are going through a tough time, it's hard to have hope. In fact sometimes I feel like Mulan when, in order to get over the mountain, they had to travel this treacherous pass full of murderers and climate hazards. Once they got through the pass the view of "the city" was simply beautiful but they had to travel the dangerous pass to get there. It's been tough lately to have this hope as I am fighting a terrible disease, but God wants us to keep believing and serving him in all faith, being patient through my illness and to keep up the ongoing discussions with Him.
Ricky Bolden once played for the Cleveland Browns and he had a saying about faith: Faith is acting like it is, even though it's not, in hopes that it might be.

No comments: